What personal information about you do we collect?
Information you give to us: We receive and store information which you supply to us via our web site and retail operations. This includes information regarding an order such as your name, email address, billing address, mailing address, credit card number, credit card expiration date and shipping address. This may also include information provide by you to us via email, phone customer service, questionnaires or personalized shopping preferences.
Information about you given to us by third parties: We may work with certain companies who, in conjunction with their own customer incentive programs, may provide information about you to use including your program level, account information and purchasing authorization.
Information automatically collected: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you come to our site. For example, as is common practice, we use "cookies", to obtain and determine certain information when your browser accesses GOTTA HAVE IT!®, including, but not limited to, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, email address, browser type and version, operating system and platform.
How is the personal information used?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only with the subsidiaries and affiliated companies of GOTTA HAVE IT!® Some of our customers are enrolled in a third party incentive or reward program in which we participate and therefore we share limited information with these companies. GOTTA HAVE IT!® does not share customer information with any non-affiliated companies. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Information is only shared with the following essential entities:
· Agents employed to perform functions on our behalf such as delivery companies, insurance carriers and services companies which may assist us in maintaining our customer database.
· Law enforcement, credit card companies or other entities involved in preventing or reducing online fraud.
· Should GOTTA HAVE IT!® be sold or transferred to another entity, customer information is likely to be part of the sales or transfer.
· Third party incentive or reward programs in which you and we are participants.
· Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of GOTTA HAVE IT!® customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please notify us.
· Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What if I link to a third-party web site from GOTTA HAVE IT?
When you click links and/or banners that take you to third party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the internet, we cannot be responsible for the actions of third parties and urge you to read and understand the privacy policies of such sites.
How does GOTTA HAVE IT!® protect customer information?
GOTTA HAVE IT!® uses the latest encryption technology to keep your personal information safe. All your ordering information-including your name, address and credit card number-is encrypted using a secure server for maximum security. Credit card transactions are handled by an authorized clearing company, which receives the credit card number and other personal identifying information in a fully secured environment only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features for using GOTTA HAVE IT!®
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.